|Start:||Sat, 16-Sep-2017 at 1:00 p.m.|
|End:||Sat, 16-Sep-2017 at 9:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Dockweiler State Beach|
12000 Vista del Mar, Los Angeles, CA 90293
Near lifeguard tower #52
(The exact location on the beach also to be posted that day.
Stay tuned to our Facebook page and on Twitter for details that day!)
|Details:||R2K Beach day!|
Spend the day at Dockweiler Beach with Reading to Kids on Saturday, September 16th from 1pm-9pm.
We'll be soaking up the last bit of summer with sun, sand -- and a bonfire as the sun sets!
- a tent
- a cooler
- friendly games (Word on the street is that there will be s'mores, some snacks to share and sand-friendly games)
- some firewood (but please bring some to keep the fire going!)
- your refreshments (and any food/beverage supplies you'll need)
- your towel
- a beach chair, beach umbrella or tent if you have it
- hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and a light jacket for sunset (highly recommended),
- a small cooler for your eats and drinks
- anything else to enjoy the day! Except...
(PLEASE NOTE: There is no alcohol permitted on the beach, and beverages have been known to be
checked by officials on patrol. So please be advised.)
There’s also a great bike path that runs from Dockweiler through Marina Del Rey, all the way to the
Palisades. Dogs are NOT allowed on the beach!
Summer parking can range from $3.00 to $12.50, depending on the lot and the time.
Someone from Reading to Kids will be there at around 12 to get our spot near Lifeguard tower #52
(map courtesy of Google image search! http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/8/4/0/event_115543072.jpeg).
Paid parking lot #2 is closest, or there may be parking up on Vista Del Mar, but it's a bit more of a hike...
Return to calendar of events.